3/13/11

Down the Path We Go...

Mt. Timpanogos Peak looking over Orem and Utah Lake
I remember going to the Singles Ward every week, walking into the chapel holding hands with the most handsome man there, seeing him standing outside of my class waiting for a hug as I come out, and listening to people say how perfect we were for each other. I couldn't agree more! That was, without a doubt, one of the best summers of my life.
Ready for roller skating with the Singles Ward
With no job, no car, NO money, and college full-time it was pretty tough, but with my loyal Chacos, the most wonderful roommates, and the 'to-die-for' boyfriend, I couldn't have cared less. Curtis and I did everything together. After the day was long over he would take me home, then first thing in the morning (or just after he got off work) he'd be back to pick me up. Every night seemed like a date night no matter where we were or what we did. Once I pulled his arm our of socket when he was trying to tickle me. 
Making me get wet at his family reunion
We were either worst enemies or best allies when it came to playing Ultimate Frisbee or Settlers of Catan. For Halloween we both dressed up as hobos (seemed appropriate since neither of us had much money). We'd laugh at each other's Pictionary drawings. It was the same order of food at Cafe Rio for the both of us (Pork Burrito, enchilada style, medium sauce, black beans, with lettuce and salsa). We went to school together, AND managed to pass all of our classes. We pulled each other's gray hairs, passed notes during Sunday School, and helped with boring homework. I would get sick then Curtis would be sick soon after. Isn't it strange how that happens??? :) We would attend the temple together, read the scriptures together, pray together, and we eventually fell in love together.
Hiking. Rain. Sun setting. Simply perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment