You never know when or where you're going to meet your eternal mate. I sure didn't. In fact, I was dating someone else when I first met Curtis, but I'll tell you what, after I saw that face of his I wished I was single. A few weeks later, single I became. A couple days later we had our first date.
May 13, 2009, Battle Creek Canyon. I wasn't even out of high school yet, and this old man was asking me on a date! Okay, he was only 24, he didn't act it, and he sure didn't look it (I wouldn't have guessed he'd even gone on a mission yet).
Thank goodness we both love hiking and the outdoors. Dates from then on were so easy to plan. Hike one week, rock climb the next, and then we were hiking again the week after that. Not to mention the many nights of movie watching and attempted cuddling.
So after about two months of dates, hanging-out, and me fighting off other girls, the mountain man kissed me. We had gone to a Singles Ward activity earlier that day, and had just gotten back from institute when I convinced him to watch The Phantom of the Opera with me. So we cuddled up (actual cuddling) in the theater room, but made it only half way through the movie when we both fell asleep. Waking up hours later everyone else was gone except for his little brother, also asleep, on the couch above us. We started talking about the random-est things, and before I knew it I was being kissed! :) Talk about butterflies like none other!
So from July 22, 2009 and on, Mr. "Doesn't Want to Commit" Lawton was all mine, and I had that boy whooped in no time.
This is probably one of the cutest things i have ever read :)
ReplyDeleteI knew you guys would be so cute together!!! Aren't I a great matchmaker? I remember when this happened... good times!
ReplyDelete