| 24 weeks pregnant |
Being pregnant has been such a breeze! At first (before I knew I was pregnant), I would get a bloody nose almost every day for a week, and would be hungry all the time. There were a few times my mind went to, "what if I'm pregnant?" But I wasn't feeling any kind of morning sickness, or stomach cramps so I didn't look too much into it.
It wasn't until my boss brought a pregnancy test onto the train and said, "I think you're pregnant, go check," that I actually started to get worried. I didn't feel pregnant. I wanted to be pregnant! Why was I worried? So I went into the closet-sized, train bathroom as it was rolling alongside the lake, and lo and behold.... It came back positive.
I couldn't speak for well over an hour. Shock, happiness, fear, excitement, and dread. My mind couldn't decide on what it wanted to feel. Finally I forced it to stick with excitement. I've been wanting a baby for so long. I wanted to start our family before the world got any crazier. I wanted to be a mommy, and now I had my wish. No turning back. When I told Curtis the news, he wasn't exactly excited. The same feelings of worry, nervousness, and fear fell onto his shoulders. He'd have to start providing for three of us now. I can only imagine how stressful these long months have been for him, a soon-to-be Father.
I eventually tossed the worry aside, and began to focus on being happy and healthy for the child growing inside me. As the months have gone by, I hardly notice that I'm pregnant anymore (besides this growth I have coming from my midsection). I've thrown up two maybe three times during the first couple months. I get light-headed when I haven't had something to eat in a while. I have to pee a LOT. There would be a week when I would crave grilled cheese sandwiches, then fried potatoes, and sometimes graham crackers, but nothing too weird or unusual.
I went to my first doctors appointment on January 4th, and found out it was a boy! Everything was peachy perfect, and I haven't been back since. :) I have gained about 40 pounds (YIKES!) in the last 35 weeks. I can't believe I still have 5 more weeks to go. Other than getting tired easily, getting a bit chunkier, eating more than normal, and watching this alien try to tear through my skin all day, I feel amazing.
It's so cool to know that I'm never alone. I have one of Heavenly Fathers special children inside of me. I'm always wondering what's going on inside his little mind, what his personality will be like, who he'll look like, how he'll grow, etc. I cannot wait 'til he is actually here. I'm so glad Curtis gets to have a son to teach the ropes to. It will be so good for him.
So Curtis got the job out in Vernal, working as a truck driver for Haliburton last month. It's so nice not to have to worry about money (as much), and if he'll get enough hours to pay the bills that month. No more guessing! We can actually have some kind of plan with our money. He will be out on the road a lot of the time so it'll will be just me and our man-cub most of the time.
| 35 weeks pregnant |
We found an apartment for our little family, too! It's three bedrooms one and a half bathrooms, and in a 4plex. Not exactly where I want to be for the rest of my life, so thank goodness it's only a 6 month contract. It is so much nicer than living in a basement though! I have my own cupboards, kitchen, dishwasher, washer and dryer, so that's what I've been doing the last week, unpacking and cleaning baseboards, smoke detectors, and everything in between.
Avery you look so pregnant! Crazy!(and kinda weird since i've known you since you were little like me and know you've got a big mommy tummmy. Time flies...)
ReplyDelete