5/10/11

Our Man Cub (April 24th 2011 6:40pm)

He truly is our man cub! He is even growling in his sleep right now as he is curled up next to me. A whopping 8lbs 10oz and 21in long, a head 14in around, and as you've read, it hurt. But how grateful I am that everything was over in only 3 1/2 hours, rather than 12 hours plus. How do women survive those long dreadful labors?! Following that diet really paid off for me. He dirtied his first diaper within 6 hours of being born, and he lost his cord (which his daddy cut) after 5 days using olive oil. And I have pretty much recovered entirely in only 2 and a half weeks.
Perfect is what he is. Absolutely perfect. His hair, which isn't much, is light brown so far, but like me (except opposite), he has a random mismatched patch of blond. He has his mama's fingers, lips, and chin. Then he got his dad's toes, ears, eyebrows, hairline, and complexion. Still trying to figure out the eyes and nose though.
It took us 8 days to name the poor guy. You'd think it would have been easier actually being able to him, but no. We went through name after name. Tried out a few, and tossed them out. Finally we tried a compromise. Curtis loved the name Aiden. I liked the name Kade. So we mushed them together and came up with KADIN. Kadin Curtis Lawton. Now we are just waiting for the birth certificate stuff in the mail.
It has been two and a half weeks since Kadin has entered our little family. So so many changes! I have seen an entirely different side of Curtis that I haven't before. It must be the Father side. So gentle, peaceful, protective, and proud. Getting called out on a job the next week and having to say goodbye to a wife and now a son just about tore his heart out. Thankfully it was a fast job, and he was back the next day. He has been so wonderful these last few weeks. I don't think I have had to make dinner or do the dishes once while he has been around. Curtis is the greatest husband anyone could ever have.
As for me? Talk about change both mentally and physically. Mentally, I'm still trying to get use to this whole 'you're a mom now' thing. Even Mother's Day didn't seem like it was meant for me. Now physically, I am complete with a little extra flab. There was a scare though a couple days ago when I developed a breast infection which came with a bunch of other nasty symptoms. I broke out in a really bad fever, a migraine, and of course an incredibly sore breast. No fun, but by taking certain supplements as directed by Donna, and a wonderful priesthood blessing from Curtis and his brother-in-law, everything was back to normal in 3 days. Donna truly was an answer to my prayers. Heavenly Father has taken such good care of me and my little family.

1 comment: