Did I ever mention that the first time Curtis and I were apart for over a day was January 23, 2011? I went up to visit my family, and he had to stay home to work the next day. That was the first night I've had to sleep alone since we were married on May 1st 2010. I actually wouldn't call it sleep. It was more like 20 little naps throughout the night. It was horrible! I was going through Curtis with-drawls!
Now Curtis has a job where he could get called out at anytime, day or night, and be gone for couple days or more. He left this morning at 3am for his first job out, and I could not go back to sleep. What did I get myself into?! I was/am so worried about him. He is so perfect that I'm afraid Heavenly Father might take him back at any time.
Being pregnant these emotions get even more intense! I won't have anyone to make dinner for tonight, or have someone tease me with the Reeses Peanut Butter Cup that I'm not allowed to eat. I have terrible dreams about him dying, some girl taking him from me, or him leaving right after I have the baby. I've waken up the poor guy in the middle of the nights bawling my head off, cuddled into his arms for an hour. Now who knows if he'll even be there the next time I have one of those dreams. I won't have anyone to cry to. Just darkness.
See, there I go, getting all emotional. Let's be positive. At least in four more weeks I will have a mini Curtis to comfort me when he's not here. He will keep me sane. Til then, wish me luck!
Aw hun just stay strong. I haven't met him, but I know he loves you so much. You just have to have faith that eveything will be alright. And like you said, soon you will have a little one there who will love you just as much. Even if the physical distance between you two is great, there is no distance between your hearts.
ReplyDelete