3/22/11

Nature's Doctor (Week 36)


Finally found a midwife!!! She is just grand! Everything I could have hoped for! Her name is Donna Young and she has delivered 800 babies (all home-births), and hasn't lost a single one. Curtis and I met her last night for the first time and we talked about the things to come in the next 4 weeks. She did a few tests, and finds I'm still just as perfect as I was at my last doctor's check-up (which was two and a half months ago). We got to hear his little heart beat again and found out where his tiny head and feet are. She showed Curtis how to give me back rubs (my favorite part), and answered any and all questions we could throw at her.
Donna is very into herbs (which is what I was looking for), and has given me a diet to follow. This is kind of how it looks:

NO-NO's
Any sugars or synthetic sweeteners (or products that contain them)
Carbonation
Milk (most dairy products)
High-acid foods (citrus, coffee, tomatoes)
Heat producing foods (cayenne, jalapeno, salsas)
Pork or processed meats (lunchmeats)
Microwaved foods (even to reheat or defrost- none)
Soy or soy products
Breads (anything made with flour- cake, tortillas, etc.)
Fried or greasy foods

YES's
WATER (at least 3 qts a day)
Whole Grains (whole, cracked, or rolled form, not powdered)
Low-acid fruits (apples, peaches, plums, melons, berries)
Meats (all lean- beef, chicken, fish, poultry, wild game, all free of hormones, antibiotics or chemicals, and eaten sparingly)
Vegetables (wide variety in color)
Legumes (rice, beans, peas, etc)
Greens (spinach, lettuce, etc)
Eggs

Acceptable Sweeteners- Honey, Stevia, Pure Maple Syrup, Agave Nectar, Molasses

She also gave me a huge list of recipes that follow these guidelines, so I won't get bored with the same-old stuff. I went straight to the dessert section... I have to some out and then I'll post my favorites.
Here are SOME of the herbal supplements that she is having me take:

Nature's Sunshine Super Supplemental
Vit. E (d-alpha)
Donna's Prenatal Tea
Granulated Lecithin
KAL's liquid Cal-Mag +
Ground Ginger (for baths)
Olive Oil (for stretch marks)
Evening Primrose Oil
Butcher's Broom
Nettle
Alfalfa
Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
Liquid Blue Cohosh (for the last week)

I don't have to take any drugs, get poked by needles, be stuck in a nasty hospital, get cut with scissors, or be hooked up to an IV! Donna is an answer to my prayers. I am getting my body baby-ready and healthy, and that means I'm going to have a healthy baby. Who could ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment